Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Supergirl #35 Sales!

I usually wait for ICv2.com to post monthly sales when I comment.

But this was too huge to wait the few days it will take for their analysis.

As posted on Newsarama - http://www.newsarama.com/comics/081215-diamond-november-sales.html


That's right. Supergirl #35 was 34th in sales, an incredible leap of 41 spots on the sales charts.

Now I understand that much of the new sales can be attributed to this being part of the New Krypton storyline.


And a variant cover by Stephane Roux surely helped spur sales.

But still! That is incredible.

I can only hope that a few of those who joined in for New Krypton decide to stay a while!

Congratulations again to Sterling Gates and Jamal Igle as well as the other Super-title creative teams!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Superman does well, Supergirl does well. When they team up in an effective well written well drawn and properly hyped storyline there is a bump in sales to the benefit of both characters.
Seems simple but it's taken DC forever to get the message...oh well onward and upward.

John Feer

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, with all due respect John Feer I don't know if I'd entirely agree with that there. For what about Peter David's reign on Supergirl at the time that constantly out sold Superman's own various titles being put out at the time eh? I think that is truly saying something else other entirely in turn.

I honestly don't believe you need cuz Superman to be regularly featured in his cuz Supergirl's title in order for it to sell but rather just good writing and art really at the end of the day.

But that's just me though. Heh.