Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Million Thanks!


I know this self-congratulatory post is coming only a little over a month after my anniversary post, but yesterday Supergirl Comic Box Commentary passed 1,000,000 visits in just under the 3 years I have been following my stats. And I thought that was a nice little landmark to commemorate.

So first off, the blog now has a new banner bar to welcome everyone. As I did before, I turned to my good friend Jeff Caporizzo to design the new look for the place. We both felt that my Craig Rousseau commission of Supergirl really captured her as a character. The tag line of 'critique, community, exclusive content' hopefully captures the spirit of this place. At least, that is what I hope this place has going for it.

Jeff is an graphic designer and artist who blogs about the life and journey of an artist here:  http://artandevery.typepad.com/blog/

I decided to do some navel gazing and see which posts have mine have garnered the most hits over the years. Two posts' histories dwarf all others in terms of their viewing and I had to chuckle a bit. There are other posts I am much more proud of. And I think these popular ones have been seen not strictly for their content.



The number one post for viewing here is 'Apocalypse Thoughts: What shouldn't be in the movie' viewable here:
http://comicboxcommentary.blogspot.com/2010/07/apocalypse-thoughts-what-shouldnt-be-in.html

It was a post done before the release of the Superman/Batman:Apocalypse movie, basically Supergirl's origin. In that post I hoped that there wouldn't be a 'naked Supergirl' in the movie. And, wouldn't you know it, 'naked Supergirl' is an oft-searched item on the internet leading people to that post.

Ironic, isn't it!




The number two post is my review of Cry For Justice #5, viewable here: http://comicboxcommentary.blogspot.com/2009/11/review-cry-for-justice-5.html
I can only assume that this is a popular post because the cover is Supergirl kissing Captain Marvel (and 'Supergirl kissing' is also a popular search term), includes a scan of Starfire and Donna Troy in bikinis, as well as a scan of Red Arrow with his arm ripped off. I also think this is pretty ironic. I wouldn't think any of those scans represent my purpose here.

Anyways, I will continue my mini-celebration tomorrow by reviewing Supergirl #1,000,000.

Thanks again Jeff! The new banner looks snazzy!

9 comments:

Diabolu Frank said...

In the four-and-a-half years I've been tracking stats, I've only had four-and-a-quarter hundred thousand hits. You must be doing something right, ace! ;)

Heath Edwards said...

well done, anj. you deserve all the hits. great blog, with always interesting posts about supergirl. looking forward to the supergirl 1,000,000 review. that was a great crossover event...
good looking header pic, too :)

Gene said...

*RAISES GLASS*

Congratulations Anj on accomplishing over 1,000,000 hits! And thank you for making it part of my morning routine for it is one of the first websites I visit after checking my email. :D

That is one awesome banner your friend made for you. He did an excellent job.

valerie21601 said...

Congrats! Anj, May you get a million more hits!

Anonymous said...

Kudos, Anj!!!! Wishing you a million more to come, in the next 3 years!!! :D-ealperin

Anonymous said...

Dude congrats for better or worse this is my Home away from Home!
Many happy returns of the day


JF

Anj said...

Thanks for all the posts.

Community is my favorite part of this blog!

Martin Gray said...

Congrats Anj, and I love the new banner. It's funny, which posts get viewed most often - I still haven't figured out why She-Hulk Sensational #1 just won't go away!

Anj said...

You know Mart, my most popular post ever is a Harley Quinn review over on the DC Bloodlines blog that I occasionally post on.

But I can't help but be thrilled with this place and the people that come here.