Thursday, January 31, 2013

More Morrison On Action



It had been rumored before but DC made it official this week, announcing that there will be one more issue of Grant Morrison's run on Action Comics. Here is a link to Newsarama's coverage:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/action-comics-17-18-delay-supersize.html

Action Comics #17, the original 'last issue' of Morrison's mega-arc, has been pushed back a couple of weeks and trimmed from 48 pages to 40. This will be the issue with the Terry Dodson variant cover.

Action Comics #18 is the 'new' last issue of the run, is solicited to be released in early March (2 weeks after Action #17) and carries the cover at the top of the post. This book will be 48 pages.

As a huge fan of this Morrison run, I can't complain about getting a whole other issue. I also think this will allow Morrison space to not only tell a satisfying ending but also maybe add a coda or epilogue of sorts, expanding this story into something more cosmic, something more messianic.


Here is a peek at the Dodson cover which looks great.

This arc keeps growing and that makes me a happy reader.

4 comments:

Martin Gray said...

Spot on, Anj, I want that big finish.

arw1985 said...

"...expanding this story into something more cosmic, something more messianic."

With less emphasis on the "Messy." (lol)

I'm guess I'm glad it's lasting another issue. At least it balances out a bit when you count issue 0 and the annual.

Anj said...

Thanks for comments!

I have no complaints with this. It isn't All Star Superman but it has been very very good.

Is it Omnibus worthy?

Martin Gray said...

To me, nothing is! I'll take a nice trade, anytime :)